Use a wiki for easy web pages that let you collaborate.
If you're looking for an easy way to get your syllabus online and a tool to let your students collaborate online, PBwiki is for you.
No more IT headaches.
No more worries about safety.
We handle all the technology so you can run your classroom.
- 5000MB (5 gigabytes)
- Choice: Make it public or private
- Gorgeous pre-made designs
- Unlimited pages
- Lockable pages
- Access controls
- A wiki is an easy-to-use web page that multiple people can edit.
It's like a shared whiteboard online. Don't worry about getting IT support or installing any software. We handle all of that. You just start typing and get an online classroom in about 5 minutes.
- Why use PBwiki?
No HTML experience required. Create a syllabus, share it with your students, and let them write collaborative essays online. Create online Powerpoint-like presentations right from your wiki.
- Who else is using PBwiki?
We host over 135,000 wikis and thousands of others have used PBwikis for their classrooms, from elementary schools to Stanford and Harvard.
- http://mrlindsay.pbwiki.com is Mr. Lindsay's beautiful classroom wiki, where he demos his students' work with book reviews, poems, stories, and tons of other resources. It's a wiki run "by the students, for the students."
- http://cas100b.pbwiki.com is another excellent educational wiki. You'll note the project proposals, class notes, and different sections for different classes.
- http://epochewiki.pbwiki.com is the Penn State English 15 course, which is required for all freshman English students at Penn State.
- PBwiki can help you enage with your audience
PBwiki provides educators an easy way to post class room material online and gives students the ability to collaborate through the internet. Check out our video on how PBwiki is helping educators educate. Can't access YouTube? Check out our video through TeacherTube's site here: PBwiki helping educators educate.
Also, be sure to check out the rest of our videos and see what educators are saying about us. See the rest of our PBwiki Educator Videos.
- Monitor your wiki easily
You can easily see what's changed on your wiki and who's
changed it. If needed, you can even easily go back to earlier versions
of a page.
- PBwiki is safe
Your wiki can be public or private--it's your choice. A password is always
required to make edits, so you don't have to worry about spam. And we
protect your data with ironclad security.
- The easiest wiki
It's as easy as making a peanut butter sandwich. Just sign up and start
using your wiki in about 10 seconds. We host it and manage all the details.
Your wiki is free to use, and you can upgrade for more options like
increased storage space, access controls, and more.
- More questions? Download our white paper
We've answered common educator questions in our 2-page Q&A for educators. Download it here.